I'm really proud of this cute little stop-motion video I made to showcase my perfume collection. Perfumes are one of my favorite objects to own. I find them incredibly alluring, especially since getting hooked on this book.
One of the best things about reducing the number of things I own with the KonMari method (more here) is that it helps me really take stock of my possessions and appreciate the ones that I care about the most. Minimalism isn't about owning as few things as possible; its about only owning only things that add value to your life. So, while some people's minimalist lifestyle may not make room for collections of any kind (because that's what works for them), mine makes rooms for a few, small and cherished collections.
I hope you enjoy the video. Let me know what you think in the comments. Thank you!
Update: I want to thank Independent Fashion Bloggers for featuring this post in their weekly roundup.
Links a la Mode Weekly Roundup: June 25, 2015
- Affordorable: The Process of Savvy Shopping Under RM100 ($30USD)
- A Handful of Stories: Best Restaurants in Barcelona
- Amethyst Honey: The Zodiac Dresser, Designer Edition: Gemini by Commes des Garcons
- Bookish & Belle: My Perfume Collection (Stop-Motion Video)
- Everyday Starlet: Best & Worst Liquid Lip Colors
- Fashion Blender: Tips and Tricks: Hand Washing Wool for Winter
- Fleur d’Elise: Mini Shirt Dress & Thrifting Tips
- Greige Market: The Essentials | Getting Selfish
- Les Assorties: A Brief Insight of the Jewelry Industry: An Interview with Gem-A-Porter
- Lil Miss JB Style: How to Style a Jumpsuit from Day to Night
- Live Extraordinary: Real Beauty
- Ms. Fabulous: Independent Handbag Designer Awards 2015
- Purushu Arie: Illustrations – Best of Couture SS2015 Shows
- Riva La Diva: DIY Kate Spade Inspired Heart Tote
- Runaway in LA: Summer Blues - When Greece Meets California
- Saltwater Sparkle: 5 Things Living in the South has Taught me about Fashion & Life
- Sassy Plus: A Short Girl’s Guide to Styling Maxi Dresses
- Storybook Apothecary: Ethical Summer Fashion
- That Paki Blog: 5 Fashion Books to Read this Summer
- What Pixies Wear: Sustainable Denim: A Shopping Guide