Paulette of Rorschach, Coffee, and 1963 has nominated me for a Liebster award. Thanks, Paulette! The Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Apparentely, "liebster" is German and can translate to "dearest" or "beloved."
The rules of the award:
1. Link back to those who nominate you.
2. Answer the 10 questions the nominator has for you.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees.
5. Be sure to notify your nominees.
* * *
THE QUESTIONS PAULETTE ASKED ME:
1. What, or who, inspires you to blog?
My blog is 100% the product of my life, so life is my biggest inspiration. That said, my life and blog are definitely inspired and influenced by other bloggers and artists. Listing all my inspiration sources would be impossible, though, because I'm inspired by about 100 different things every day.
2. Which three songs are at the top of your playlist?
My top three most-played songs are all ones that comfort me when I've had a bad day or am really stressed out: "The Dress Looks Nice On You" by Sufjan Stevens, "Baobabs" by Regina Spektor, and "Gotta Have You" by The Weepies. I think all three of them achieved their most-played status during one particularly stressful quarter of my sophomore year of college. It's been six years since then, but nothing else can touch them in terms of play counts, possibly because nowadays I change up what I'm listening to more often and don't get so stuck on a few songs.
3. If you could go back in time and be someone else, who would it be, and why?
I'd only do it as a temporary experiment; I definitely wouldn't want to leave my life. But the first thing that comes to mind is that I'd like to live for a week as Marie Antoinette to experience what life at Versailles was really like. Of course, that life would get really tiresome after more than a week, and I'd definitely want to skip out on the whole guillotine thing.
4. Which era of fashion do you feel most inspired by?
Definitely the 1920s, followed closely by the 1960s. They were both periods of breakout feminism and sexual revolution, which was very influential to the fashions of the time. I've written more extensively about it here.
5. What was your most awkward moment?
I honestly can't think of a great moment for this. It's not that I don't get embarrassed, but I usually don't dwell on embarrassing moments, so I end up forgetting them.
6. What is your favorite movie, and why?
My all-time favorite movie is Amélie, because it is inspiring in every way that a movie can be inspiring. It's visually incredible, and it makes you want to be more open to serendipity and connections with the people all around you. Also, Amélie is a total fictional fashion icon. I wrote about her style here.
7. If you could have the vacation of your dreams, where would you go, and who would you take with you?
Ryan and I would vacation to Paris and it would be like a five-year long vacation. And we'd stay in an apartment, not a hotel. So, basically, we would just live in Paris for five years.
8. What are the three beauty products you can't live without?
Moisturizer, perfume, and lip balm
9. What is your favorite day of the week, and why?
Saturday. I like to wake up a little later than I do on weekdays (but still pretty early) and walk down to the coffee shop. I love my neighborhood on Saturday mornings. Then, I usually either have a lazy afternoon or a productive afternoon (depending on what I'm more in need of that week) and I spend the evening socializing with family or friends over a delicious meal and a few drinks.
10. What was your favorite subject in school?
I loved school, and I had a lot of favorite subjects including fiction writing, biological anthropologie, U.S. womens history, and Shakespeare.
THE QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
1. Which super power would you choose between flying and invisibility? Why?
2. What's the most memorable outfit you've ever worn?
3. Who are your favorite fictional characters?
4. What's one food that's always best homemade and one food that's always best from the store?
5. If you could only wear one pair of shoes for the rest of your life, which would they be?
6. What is your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate?
7. What's the best theme party you've ever been to, and what theme party would you like to throw?
8. If you opened a food truck, what kind of food would you serve and what would your menu look like?
9. What's the best vacation you've even gone on?
10. What magazines would you subscribe to if money was no object?