Last week, I wrote this post about Get Off My Internets and, more broadly, about the differences between constructive criticism and bullying in the blogging community. The post was near and dear to my heart, and I was quite proud of it. I felt that I had a unique opinion that I wasn't seeing expressed in the discussions surrounding GOMI either on IFB or elsewhere. I don't usually use this blog as a platform for discussions about the blogging community, but I felt that this was a piece I needed to write. I took the time I needed to organize my thoughts and layout my argument, and then I posted it, excited and nervous about the response.
I'm really pleased to say that the response has been large and almost universally positive. It's been really lovely to read your comments and to see you post links to my post on Twitter. Thank you so much for supporting me, sharing my post with others, and engaging in what I believe to be a very important conversation for our community.
This week, IFB featured my post as a part of their Links à la Mode weekly roundup. See the other featured posts below.
Real beauty comes from within. It's an old saying, and generally I find it to be true. Beautiful people have positive souls. But ... it never hurts to have good makeup and style to make your inner beauty shine. This week we have a great mix of beautifying tips on several levels to bring out the very best in you. From positive fashion quotes, owning your age & style, to nixing online bullying in the fashion community... body positive thinking and actual beauty tips galore. As a beauty junkie, I was delighted to read all the beauty tips! Of course, we have loads of style tips to get you started for the coming summer season!
Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup: May 2nd
- Attire Club: Choose Your Glasses According To Your Face Shape
- Beach Living City Loving: Favorite Beauty Products: Part 1- Drugstore
- Cosmolawitain: H&M’s Expansion Into India
- Coverrated: Shoes are the new corsets
- Fashion Files: Interview Style
- Fashion Is Evolution: The Phenomenon of Bullying in the Blogging Community
- [Flash] Frame: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eyeliner Review
- I Am Turquoise: 5 Ways to Wear: Denim Vest
- J'Adore Couture: the one thing: dressing your age
- La Vie en Couleur: How to Dress Like a Parisian
- Nothing to Wear: Say Something: positive and uplifting fashion quotes
- Rose & Pine: Stunning Spring Sunnies for Under $40!
- Romeo Style: Think Outside The Box For Prom. Part 1
- Serving Up Fairy Dust.. The Best Makeup Primer for Sensitive Acne Prone Skin
- Style Vanity: What to Wear to Weddings?
- The Fashionable Wife: Maxi Styling
- The Fitted Frame: The Skinny on Body Image
- The Photogramps: Making a Simple Dress Unique
- Undercover Dress-Up: Porcelain Print
- Wild Beauty World: Peggy Olson at Work? Cosmetic Ads from 1968